Are you looking for a meaningful summer job opportunity where you can support a mission and help change lives in the Hudson Valley area? Join the crew at the Ulster County Habitat ReStore for a unique experience! We are looking for a full-time associate (Tues through Sat 9- 5) for the summer who wants to make a difference in the community.
As a ReStore Associate, you will be a member of a dynamic team who uses skills of communication, collaboration, enthusiasm, wit and a “work hard/play hard” attitude to help process donations, load and unload items, and assist customers as needed. Daily responsibilities include providing excellent and engaging customer service, assisting our pickup team on the truck to load and unload donated items, cleaning, pricing, stocking, and rearranging items, and working to ensure that customers and donors have a positive experience at the ReStore. This is how you will spend your days:
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with customers by providing outstanding customer service.
- Answering customer questions regarding the ReStore in general and specific items.
- Assisting pickup crew with loading and unloading donated items to the ReStore.
- Ensuring that all areas of the store/warehouse are safe, clean, and organized. Displaying merchandise in a way that maximizes sales.
- Guard against theft and unsafe practices (clutter, tripping hazards, falling objects, etc.).
- Assist with the receiving of inventory and moving materials from the warehouse to store floor.
- Assist Customers with purchases – lifting, carrying and loading.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- A devotion to teamwork and collaboration
- The ability to handle a dynamic and sometimes unpredictable work environment
- Great track record of providing excellent customer service
- Willingness and desire to work with diverse staff, volunteers and customer base.
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Committed to Ulster County Habitat for Humanity’s mission and environmental stewardship
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Treat others in a nondiscriminatory, lawful and ethical manner, respecting the differences among people, and the value they bring to Ulster County Habitat for Humanity.
- Follow safe practices in all work activities to avoid injuries and accidents.
Please send resumé to .
Ulster Habitat is an Equal Opportunity Employer