RESTORE DONATIONS AMBASSADOR
The Donations Ambassador is responsible for the pick-up of merchandise from donors, safely packing the merchandise in the ReStore truck, returning to ReStore and unloading merchandise, accepting donations from donors at the ReStore, pricing items and stocking the floor, and providing excellent mission based information and customer service to donors, shoppers, and the community.
This position will require a Tuesday through Saturday work week.
WORK PERFORMED OR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to drive and operate a manual 20 ft. box truck safely (will train)
- Document merchandise donated for donors
- Provide excellent customer/donor service
- Load and pack materials to minimize damage
- Screen and examine each donation on site
- Coordinate donation receipts upon return
- Lead in proper loading and unloading of donated materials
- Operate the cash register
- Ensure that all areas of the store/warehouse are safe, clean, and organized
- A strong belief in the organization’s mission, goals and accomplishments
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both internally and externally
- Excellent customer service etiquette and attitude
- Valid NYS Driver’s License (you will need to produce a DMV abstract)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs, continuously
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions
- Team player with a good attitude intent on helping others and the community.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, carry, go up and down flights of stairs, as well as pulling and reaching to obtain stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale. Position requires the ability to frequently lift products/supplies, up to 50 lbs. The job operates both on the road in donor’s homes and in a retail/warehouse environment and can require operating equipment such as ladders, pallet jacks, and other material handling equipment. Driving from pick up locations to drop off location is required and outside conditions that can include heat, humidity, and cold.
Job Type: Full-time, Tuesday -Saturday 9a-5p
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- delivery and pick up
- heavy lifting
- material handling: 2 years (Required)
- On the road, and in the ReStore
Job Types: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
How to apply: Send your resume to (Calls will not be accepted)
To keep our staff as safe as possible, we’ve installed clear plexiglass barriers, provided masks, gloves and hand sanitizer, and maintain a regular disinfection schedule.