Are you looking for a meaningful career opportunity where you can support a mission and help change lives? Join the crew at the Ulster Habitat ReStore! We are looking for a full-time associate who wants to make a difference in the community.
As a ReStore Associate, you’ll help process donations, pick up donated items, and assist customers as needed. Tasks include cleaning, pricing, stocking, and rearranging items, in addition to providing friendly customer service at all times. Works to ensure that customers and donors have a positive experience at the ReStore; this includes providing friendly customer service, assisting in loading purchases and unloading donations, operating the cash register, cleaning/organizing/arranging displays, and pricing items. This is how you’ll spend your days:
- Assist with the receiving of inventory and moving materials to store floor.
- Evaluate condition/acceptability of incoming donations; price materials to be sold
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers by providing high-quality customer service
- Answer customer questions regarding the ReStore and Habitat
- Ensure that all areas of the store/warehouse are safe, clean, and organized. Display merchandise in a way that maximizes sales.
- Guard against theft and unsafe practices (clutter, tripping hazards, falling objects, etc.)
- Assist Customers with purchases – lifting, carrying and loading
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work on Saturdays
- Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
- Willingness and desire to work with diverse staff, volunteers and customer base
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Committed to Ulster Habitat’s mission and environmental stewardship
- Convey clear, concise information to others, using verbal or other appropriate communication techniques.
- Treat others in a nondiscriminatory, lawful and ethical manner, respecting the differences among people, and the value they bring to Ulster Habitat.
- Solid understanding of health and safety regulations, and the ability to follow safe practices in all work activities to avoid injuries and accidents.
Pay: $15.00 per hour Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm
Benefits include: health insurance, paid vacation and holidays, retirement plan
Send resume to: