Thank You For Your Interest In Volunteering.
Let’s chat…Please speak with our Volunteer Coordinator to match your interests and our needs. See some volunteer opportunities below the “how to” instructions.
How to volunteer! For your safety and our insurance requirements, please: (Printable UCHFH volunteer instructions 2019)
- Register Online
- Review our UCHFH Volunteer Handbook 2018
- Complete a brief Online Safety Course (at home or in the ReStore)
- Go to our online insurance page
- Enter W8NAEBTG in the “Employee Access Code” box and click “Submit”
- ReStore Volunteers: complete “ReStore Safety & Loss Control”
- Build Volunteers: complete “Volunteering On A Habitat For Humanity Job Site” (you must be at least 16 years of age to build).
- Complete the brief course quiz.
- Enter your name, select “NY” (instead of Global Village Team) and “Ulster County Habitat for Humanity” (instead of Adirondack HFH), and enter your email address.
- You will receive a “Congratulations!” email. Please bring it when you come to volunteer.
- Print, read and sign the Standard Waiver and Code of Conduct forms
It’s fun! It’s rewarding! We’re flexible! Bring us your special skills!
- The people are great – volunteers, clients, customers, construction teams, partner families and staff.
- You are supporting important goals, both for individual local families and for the community.
- You get to use the skills you have and learn new ones.
- You may volunteer alone or in groups (see below for group rules).
- You can work a flexible schedule.
- Your volunteer experience will be challenging and rewarding.
- Want to do something not on the list below? Call us!
Note: Volunteers who wish to work as a group must work with us to establish a specific project or activity, determine group participants and their roles, schedule the work and identify a project coordinator to represent your group. Youth groups (under age 16) must provide adult supervision.
Sample opportunities include:
ReStore: Clean and arrange, merchandise display, customer assistance
Warehouse: Assist staff members, loading & unloading, warehouse upkeep
Prep Room: Repair gently used furniture, test & repair electronics/appliances, prepare donated items for resale
Habitat Build Site: General construction, painting & tile work, cleanup & landscaping
Our volunteers at work…